Hi Hi, championays...
So, I have a confession to make. I have a man crush. And, I'm okay with it. More than okay, actually. You may have seen his latest blockbuster, Thor Ragnarok. Chris Hemsworth is one loveable Aussie bloke.
I know what you're thinking, Steve has lost the plot. Nope. Nada. Not here.
I simply recognise a master at work when I see one.
You see, Chris Hemsworth is an ex-purt when it comes to likability.
Sure, he's got the looks, the accent and the swagger...
But, if you watch him with his costars, on interviews and in press conferences he's constantly teaching a masterclass on charisma.
Likability is his secret weapon.
So here's a short list of what makes Chris Hemsworth so damn likeable...
- He doesn't take himself too seriously. When you can laugh at yourself, you appear less of a threat to others.
- He is humble. Hemsworth is not afraid to share the spotlight and thank those around him for contributing in significant ways.
- He is a touchy-feely guy. If you watch him, he is always touching the people around him in playful and appropriate ways.
- He seems to be genuine and honest (this is a cultural value here in AU). Hemsworth is easy to relate to and comes across as authentic and approachable.
- Finally, he smiles. A lot. Especially with his eyes. Something you can't fake. Positivity pays people.
So take a page out of Thor's book when it comes to likability above. I'd recommend the fourth bullet point.
You don't have to be a super-hero to be super-likeable. Just intentional.
I promise you'll instantly see an improvement in your ability to connect with and win people over.
Who knows you might even win a few more deals, land that date or be less of a tool...
Here's to man-crushes...
PS. If you haven't shared this fun and informative daily email yet, then you should.
Like right now.
Subscribe at tinyletter.com/steveknox
Invite somebody to join us on this little adventure, and don't forget to warn them...
This ain't for the faint of heart...it's like a daily punch in the face mixed with a loving cup of coffee for your soul.