Hello my hard-working friend...
In no particular order, the biggest enemies of success are:
1. Comparison. It’s a trap. When you look at what others have achieved it’s an unfair scorecard. You should only compare yourself with your former self.
2. Bad habits. You are your choices. If you hate that you’re not successful, you have no one to blame. You are exactly where you have chosen to be. Change your habits and you’ll change your life.
3. Scarcity thinking. AKA negativity. As you think in your heart so you become. Focus on what you do have instead of what you don’t. See your limitations and handicaps for what they are: unique opportunities to approach things in your own way.
4. Fear of failure and fear of success. It sounds counterintuitive but failure and success are the same things. Successful people are failures that didn’t stop trying, they simply stopped repeating the same mistakes.
5. A lack of honesty. A friend of mine says that all progress starts with the truth. Until you’re brutally honest with yourself about who you are, and what you’re not, you’ll never be successful. Don’t limit yourself by living a lie. Get honest about your strengths and your weaknesses. This is real self-awareness.
6. A lack of support. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, it’s a sign of strength. No successful person ever made it on their own. You need a team around you. Figure out who they are and ask them to help you. I guarantee they’ve been waiting on you to do so.
7. Lack of clarity. If you don’t know your values, you’ll have a really hard time building a life, business, career or family. Values give you direction. Values make life simple. Values give you a filter for what you should say yes and no to.
If you’re reading this and you would like a bit of help clarifying your values, or articulating your strengths and weakness, please reach out.
I’d love to help.
And, the first conversation is always on me.
Just reply to this email.
Here's to redefining success...